passive checks and check_command

tvilliers tvilliers at lastminute.com
Mon Oct 13 11:51:38 CEST 2003

Thanks Stanley --

With this:

> However, there is a benefit in having a legitimate command defined for a
> passive service in that service states that cannot otherwise be reset, can
> be reset by scheduling the passive service check with a command like
> 'ping'.

 ... I presume that the passive service has the "check_freshness" option
enabled -- as this is the only way that the "check_command" will actually
execute (at the stated "freshness_threshold" time).

So let me rephrase then: why is a "check_command" required for a passive
service which does not check for freshness?

Tielman de Villiers