modifying hostextinfo.cfg file

Roberto Lacchini xtrema220s at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 28 09:27:02 CET 2003

hi man, i have a question for you all... i'm working with the
hostextinfo.cfg file... this is the structure of the file in this moment:

define hostextinfo {
        host_name       DL380
        icon_image      win40.gif
        vrml_image      win40.jpg
        statusmap_image win40.gd2
        icon_image_alt  superman
       }

my goal is to insert a new param called "host_type". i have to use that
param to discriminate if the server is a Win,Unix,Sun... server!
i have tryed to make that: i've changed the hostextinfo structure into the
file:
  edata.h / .c
  xdata/xedtemplate.c / .h
  statuswrl.c
  statusmao.c

but it dosn't work... i'm not sure if what i've done is correct or
incomplete... (i've thinked that probably i've to find the function wich
read the file hostextinfo.cfg and try to modify that)... could someone try
to help me?

if someone know how to make it, i'd like if he could writes me by email too
( xtrema220s at hotmail.com )

have a good day

Roberto Lacchini