Is anyone using v2 in production?

Joe Rhett jrhett at isite.net
Sun Nov 23 07:47:37 CET 2003

On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 06:56:10PM -0600, Ethan Galstad wrote:
> I'll accept bug fix patches for 1.x, but feature patches should only
> be made against 2.x (HEAD).

Right now they are all compilation, basic functionality (and spelling!)
fixes.

The short list:

1. Inconsistent with other programs, you must specify
	--with-mysql-lib=/opt/mysql/lib/mysql

intead of just
	--with-mysql-lib=/opt/mysql/lib

Nagios-plugins knows that the libs are in the 'mysql' directory.  The
includes knows that the includes are in the 'mysql' directory.
	--with-mysql-inc=/opt/mysql/include
(even though both have mysql subdirs)

PRIORITY: really low.  Inconsistency annoyance.
But I'd submit an autoconf patch if the autoconf files were available.

2. Nagios-plugins, plugins/Makefile defines MYSQLINCLUDEDIR but never uses
it.  It's not used in the compilation of the programs, which fail.  One
must change the INCLUDES line oneself for compilation to succeed.

PRIORITY: high. Compilation fails.

3. Likewise, why doesn't "make fullinstall" install the example
configuration files?

4. "make install" should not install the HTML and stylesheets all over again.
There is a "install-html" target, why not separate it?

5. I know this is a 'feature', but couldn't we install the HTML and
stylesheets as .sample, just like the configuration files, and then copy
them to functional if nothing else exists?

Things I intend to patch shortly:

Why show people the links to things they aren't allowed to do?  Config info
and all the extended host info shouldn't show up in the menu for people who
can't use it.