active-stby monitor / alert

Steve nagios at sbtt.net
Fri Nov 21 17:10:00 CET 2003

Hello,

me again,

Have a system with 2 sides always in a active-standby type of mode.

Problem is if one side fails then B side kicks in I have no way to ask
check_http to look for either Active or staby and report if there is a
switch or do I?

Might be able to use chris's perl script still playing, but basicaly I'm
getting a http reponse from each component that states either "active,
standby or nothing (port died).  Would like nagios to report ok for
active or staby better yet report if there was a switch instead of just
reporting when the port dies.

thanks again

-steve