check_http with limits

Steve nagios at sbtt.net
Fri Nov 21 14:13:38 CET 2003

I posted this to the user list without any response sorry for the cross
post but this list seems more suitable for this request..

Hello,

Searching now for a way to use nagios to monitor a http post command
which returns a numeric value (memory) to be exact its a java component
that I can monitor via a http admin, a link within the admin returns
just a single value for each topic..

I would like the response viewable within the nagios web and if it
exceeds the numeric value of x would then shoot a error, a plus would be
able to have nagios monitor/log the levels.  Considering MRTG to graph
results..

Example:

http://ip:port/query?component=memory

returns me

100

if anything > than 500 returns I get an alert.

Again a plus would be to log the level at every check.

-steve