Restricting access ?

Brian Ipsen Brian.Ipsen-sender-f5aa8e at andebakken.dk
Wed Jun 18 12:52:33 CEST 2003

Hi!

 I don't know if this has been an issue before (or if it is possible to
implement in some way) - but I really miss the option to restrict access for
viewing hosts/services based on contact-groups...

 The thought behind: If you set up Nagios to monitor your own equipment,
there's no problems. But if you host servers for customers, and would like
to provide them the ability to check status on thir own server(s) (and maybe
issue re-check commands on them as well), the problem exists. Either they
have full access to view everything, or you don't give them access at all.
Regarding the commands - either they can issue commands on all
hosts/services - or they will be denied access to do it (even towards checks
on their own hosts/services)...

Any comments ?

Regards,

/Brian