config.cgi authentication error

Mikko Kaipila mikko.kaipila at nic.fi
Tue Jun 10 13:45:29 CEST 2003

Hi!

I'm wondering why I dont get access right to view config files in web
interface of Nagios.

my cgi.cfg:

use_authentication=1
default_user_name=guest
authorized_for_system_information=nagiosadmin,guest
authorized_for_configuration_information=nagiosadmin
authorized_for_system_commands=nagiosadmin
authorized_for_all_services=nagiosadmin,guest
authorized_for_all_hosts=nagiosadmin,guest
authorized_for_all_service_commands=nagiosadmin
authorized_for_all_host_commands=nagiosadmin

If I use "guest" instead of "nagiosadmin" like following:

authorized_for_configuration_information=guest

then I get suprisingly :) access right to view config files...

so, are there some bug in config.cgi or in my head? :)

.htaccess is locating in right place in /usr/local/nagios/sbin? At least
service_commands are made only by nagiosadmin!

I didnt get answer to that when I was browsing the mailing list!

--
Mikko Kaipila <mikko.kaipila at nic.fi>