Nagios 2 Configuration Files

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Thu Jun 5 23:14:12 CEST 2003

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003 dan at julieanddan.com wrote:

> Any chance of moving the Nagios 2 configuration files to an XML format?
>
> I've been toying with the idea of creating a CGI that transforms the
> status file (for Nagios 1.0) into an XML document and would then apply a
> XSL style sheet. If anyone else is interested in seeing something like
> this, please let me know.
>
> XML would probably make building the PHP interface for Nagios 2 much
> easier.

in v2 - Nagios will/has a cached db of the running config.  That should
probably be used for any status related displays rather than the config
files themselves.

Also the you should be able to read data from the event daemon and format
it into XML for you use.

A proposal for the status dtd was floated, but no comments were received..

--

-sg