Nagios 2 Configuration Files

John Arley Burns johnarleyburns at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 18:24:34 CEST 2003

Since it sounds like the v2 config files are already substantially
different we may as well make them XML.  It has significant integration
advantages over a custom text format, especially as that format grows
more complicated as Nagios matures.

I'd also like to see XML on the NSCA and NRPE agent-side, something
like XML-RPC or a web service, because I need to send a chunk of
information over HTTPS and NSCA allows neither HTTPS nor chunking.
I'll eventually do this myself if it's not done soon.  I'm not sure if
it's easier to hack NSCA or just start from scratch with a Perl
agent/daemon with pluggable modules or something.  It would take some
thought.

--- dan at julieanddan.com wrote:

Any chance of moving the Nagios 2 configurationfiles to an XML format?

I've been toying with the idea of creatinga CGI that transforms the
status file (for Nagios 1.0) into an XML documentand would then apply a
XSL style sheet. If anyone else is interested inseeing something like
this, please let me know.

XML would probably make building thePHP interface for Nagios 2 much
easier.
Daniel Koffler
dan at julieanddan.com
Tel: 514.497.1411
Fax: 206.600.4642
GPG Key ID: 0xA2C6DC83 Fingerprint: 1FD7 3FDF 8A0D 961F 26A2 3EDA
AE8FA874 A2C6 DC83