Event Handler Arguments?

Russell Scibetti russell at quadrix.com
Wed Jun 4 23:34:17 CEST 2003

I have a possibly useful feature request for Nagios.  Currently, in a
service definition, the check_command line takes the name of a defined
command, and then arguments (separated by "!").  These can then be
references in the command as $ARG#$.

Now, the event_handler line also takes the name of a defined command,
but there is no ability to pass arguments.  If the functionality already
exists to pass arguments to a check_command, I can't see it being very
difficult to implement for event_handlers as well.  Take, for example, a
service that has a specific port pass to the check_command as an
argument.  If you want to restart this service, you might need that port
number again in the event handler.

So what do people think?  Ethan, would this be difficult to add for 2.0?

Russell Scibetti
Quadrix Solutions

--
Russell Scibetti