Nags 2 file configurations

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Mon Jun 2 06:50:55 CEST 2003

There's no documentation as of yet (and probably won't be for file
formats), so you'll have to download the latest version from CVS and
give it a whirl.  Don't trust it for production stuff, but it will
compile and run ok.  The formats for all files (status data,
comments, downtime, and object cache) have all changed in 2.0.  The
file formats are currently in flux and will likely change a bit
before a beta gets released, but it should give you an idea at least.

On 1 Jun 2003 at 12:17, dan at julieanddan.com wrote:

> Ethan,
>
> Would it be possible to get a preview of the format of the
> configuration files, status file and external command file in Nagios
> 2? I've written a bunch of tools that generate and/or read these
> files and I want to get an idea of how much work it will be to port
> them to the new version.
>
> Also, if you need any help writing the documentation, need a spare
> remote server to run tests from or have any tasks that an average
> Perl monkey could do, please let me know I'd totally be willing to
> help out.

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---