[Nagiosplug-devel] Writing a new universal cross-platform plugin?

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Wed Jul 30 00:03:58 CEST 2003

I'm quite sure that this would benefit users. The reason of making a general
plugin instead of mrtg, nsclient and all sorts of stuff is to simplify it
all. SNMP is generally more tricky to set up than an agent on most systems,
as you'll need to know SNMP, obviously. Most people don't. The auto-discovery
part is almost finished already using multicast 'pings' (talking to the
agents). So - give us a week or ten, I beleive this project will gain
Nagios's quality a lot :)

roy