(Fwd) Denial of Service Vulnerability in Nagios

Rob Nelson rob at capband.net
Tue Jul 22 15:27:28 CEST 2003

>at midnight.  I've attached the originally ommitted advisory.  From

While your advisory suggests it is only for HP-UX, I have seen similar
problems under Red Hat 8.0 (uhhh, 2.4.16 I think?). Of course, this only
happened if two nagios processes were running, but it's happened before.
I'm not sure why, but one system running NRPE generated crashes out the
wazoo, the other was and still is fine. Go figure.

Just thought I'd add anecdotal evidence, I guess ;)

Rob Nelson
Network Administrator, Capitol Broadband
C: 919-369-1874
rob at capband.net