(Fwd) Denial of Service Vulnerability in Nagios

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Tue Jul 22 02:35:07 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 18:54, Ethan Galstad wrote:

> Anyone have any thoughts or comments on this?

I may see it.

Line 589 starts a loop listening for a connection. If there is an error
on the connection, you jump out to line 597

I think the repeated SYNs might be seen as an error - maybe
ECONNABORTED.

If so, you return on line 605, for my quick lok return to the main
routine. That return would close NRPE.

This is just a very quicl look, and I have to log off for a while, so I
cannot confirm at the moment. I will look some more later.

But with luck I may be onto something, and you will have a starting
point.

--
Karl