Incomplete feature in CVS incorrect link for servicegroup actions?

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Sun Dec 28 10:18:14 CET 2003

Hi all:

I think I have discovered a missing feature in the 23Dec2003 cvs
code. I have been working with the servicegroup feature. Very nice
idea.

In the servicegroup overview there are two links at the top of the
tables named for the service group. E.G. DNS(DNS). Clicking on the
non-parenthesized link leads me to the status cgi for full info about
the services. Clicking on the parenthesized link brings me to the
extinfo.cgi that is displaying the "Nagios Process Information"
page. This is not what I was expecting.

I was expecting it to work like the hostgroup pages where clicking on
the parenthesized link leads to another page with the options to:

   Schedule downtime for all hosts in this hostgroup
   Schedule downtime for all services in this hostgroup
   Enable notifications for all hosts in this hostgroup
   Disable notifications for all hosts in this hostgroup
   Enable notifications for all services in this hostgroup
   Disable notifications for all services in this hostgroup
   Enable active checks of all services in this hostgroup
   Disable active checks of all services in this hostgroup

Obviously the commands would be different in that they would schedule
downtime for all services in the servicegroup etc.

>From reading the What's new section in the manual and the ChangeLog, I
thought the servicegroup functionality was completed hence this
report.

				-- rouilj
John Rouillard