wrong availability statistics

Bernd.Stroessenreuther at spb.de Bernd.Stroessenreuther at spb.de
Fri Dec 19 16:11:42 CET 2003

Hi everybody,

I am running a nagios 1.0 environment with about 150 hosts running 700
services.
Let's say I want to generate an availability report for one service for the
last month. For most services this works fine.
For some services, the report tells me something which is not true.
One example:
I have one service, that was critical 2003-11-12 16:48:30 and ok again
2003-11-12 16:51:02. Aferwards it is running fine again.
Both events can be found in the nagios logfiles correctly.
But the avaliability report for november for this service tells, that it
would have been down from 2003-11-12 16:48:30 to 2003-11-21 09:26:10!!

Has someone here on the list had something like this?
I told nagios to rotate the logfiles weekly. So a single file gets 1.5 MB
to 3.0 MB in size. Is this too big for nagios avaliability reports?
Would it be better to rotate the logs dayly and so get smaller files?
Or is the problem somewhere else?

best regards
i. A. Bernd Strößenreuther

Sparda-Datenverarbeitung eG