2.0alpha: contact_groups error in hostgroups.cfg

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Wed Dec 10 23:39:44 CET 2003

Hey folks,

   I'm in the process of bringing up a 2.0alpha installation for testing
and migration purposes, and I'm running into a common problem:

"Error:  Invalid hostgroup object directive 'contact_groups'.

Error:  Could not add object property in [path to hostgroups.cfg]"

I see two others have asked about this:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=6034122
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=6578551

   My hostgroups.cfg doesn't use 'unassigned', but rather a valid
contactgroup name.  I have verified that I'm using the correct config
file, and made sure that I'm using the one that 'make install-config'
installed.  I'm assuming that example is a good one.  ;)

   So, my question - how have you folks fixed this?  If you're using
2.0alpha and it's actually running for you, you've had to have fixed
this somehow...  ;)  I've tried two CVS builds, and they both behave
the same.

   I took a spin through the source, and unless I was looking in the
wrong place (base/), it seems like contact_groups is perfectly valid.
Am I smoking some bad crack?  Am I missing something silly?  Or are
the folks running 2.0alpha all much more clever than I?  :)

Thanks!

Benny

ps:  OpenBSD 3.1-STABLE (yes, I know), i386

--
"Legend has it that once 100 posts have been made, The Dark Lord
Bernstein will rise from the prison of ice and wage his inevitable