check_dns segfaults when nslookup returns empty answer

Michel Blomgren michel at sentinix.org
Tue Dec 9 19:57:57 CET 2003

Hi!

In nagios-plugins-1.3.1:

check_dns seems to segfault when nslookup returns an empty answer, e.g. when
querrying a non-resolvable hostname.  I know, querrying a nameserver using
it's hostname is probably not what one want to do, but still, it segfaults.

root at sentinix:/usr/local/nagios/libexec$ ./check_dns -s non_existent -H \
a.root-servers.net
Segmentation fault

nslookup directs it's error to stderr, but stdout is completely empty.

I can provide a patch for this, unless of course, anyone hasn't already
thought about this??!

Best regards,
--
Michel Blomgren