2 new feature requests -- your thoughts

Ian Holsman lists at holsman.net
Thu Dec 4 22:34:00 CET 2003

I was wondering what people thought of the following:

adding a new command/directive to the service definition to specifiy the
arguments passed the reason for this would be to allow the command to be
specified in the service template, and you could have the things which
reference that template just overwrite the arguments passed (ie.. the
port# or the timeout)

the other idea I had was to add some meta data into some meta-data into
the host configuration.
for example

META location rack5-position3
META switchport 4
META partof SearchingFarm

which could be referenced by external utilities/guis to enhance the
alerts/displays.

TIA
ian

ps.. I don't mind doing this, but am unfamiliar with the code, so any
pointers on how one would go about doing this would be appreciated.