Nagios Statistics

Daniel Henninger daniel at unity.ncsu.edu
Thu Dec 4 19:39:50 CET 2003

Actually, veto my "crap" from before.

Real-Time Data Output

I plan on adding an external event interface that would dump all
service/host check info, alerts, downtime events, comments, etc. from
Nagios to an external daemon via a unix domain socket. The daemon would
then pass that data off to seperate user modules (loaded at runtime) that
would process the data anyway they please. User modules will be able to
register for different types of data they want to receive from the daemon
using callback functions. This will provide an easy way for people to
write their own modules to dump data in a DB, process performance data,
etc. The event daemon is currently in development, but will probably not
be publicly released until 2.0 is into the beta process.

Sounds like I'll be able to basically "draw my own statistics" using that.
=D  Then I can definitely muck with the results as I please.  Cool.

Regardless, thanks again Marc!

Daniel

--
\ \\\      Daniel Henninger           http://www.vorpalcloud.org/        /// /