[ Bischeck 1.1.2 ] - Threshold cache emptying

Anders Håål anders.haal at ingby.com
Thu Mar 2 15:31:05 CET 2017

There is no bischeck command to delete the collected timeseries, but it
can be done using normal redis-cli command. Each
host-service-service-serviceitem metrics is stored in a redis list.

So lets do an example. I have a bischeck configuration with
host->prodapi3, service->getparcelsregistration and a serviceitem->count

$ redis-cli

127.0.0.1:6379> keys  prodapi3-getparcelsregistration*
1) "prodapi3-getparcelsregistration/W/max/weekend-count"
2) "prodapi3-getparcelsregistration/M/max/weekend-count"
3) "prodapi3-getparcelsregistration-count"
4) "prodapi3-getparcelsregistration/D/max/weekend-count"
5) "prodapi3-getparcelsregistration/H/max/weekend-count"

Above you see the metrics list for the collected metrics,
prodapi3-getparcelsregistration-count, and the additional lists if you
have configured aggregations.

To get the size of the list

127.0.0.1:6379> llen prodapi3-getparcelsregistration-count
1000

You should now be able to delete the whole list just by doing:

127.0.0.1:6379> del prodapi3-getparcelsregistration-count
(integer) 1

You may also like to remove the aggregations, depending on what you like
to achieve.

Next time bischeck need to insert into the list it will be created

If you do not want to delete all data in the list you can check out the
ltrim command.

Before you do this MAKE a redis backup and test it on the backup
snapshot with bischeck on a different server.

DISCLAIMER - I take no responsibility if the above actions destroy your
data or functionality!!!

Hope this helps.