Specifying the retention period

Anders Håål anders.haal at ingby.com
Thu Sep 11 08:13:33 CEST 2014

Hi Rahul,
Now I have a backlog of questions :)
Okay lets start with the last question.
- First verify that you have data in the cahe. User redis-cli or the
Bischeck CacheCli,
http://www.bischeck.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Bischeck_installation_and_administration_guide.html#toc-Section-4.4.
- Then there is an issue with null data. Lets say that one of the
expressions you have return null. Null is tricky so in Bischeck you have
to decide how to manage a null value. Look at
http://www.bischeck.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Bischeck_configuration_guide.html#toc-Section-4.3.
- You can also check the logs and also increase the loglevel to debug to
get more info. Check out
http://www.bischeck.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Bischeck_installation_and_administration_guide.html#toc-Section-3.2.

The two following questions I will try to clarify better later, must run
into a meeting, but the index on hour specify an specific hour, like the
avg, max or min for that hour. Index 0 means the last calculated hour so
if time is 2:30 index 0 means the avg, max or min for the period 1:00 to
2:00.

These are good question, we are glad that get your users perspective on
this.
Anders

--

Ingby<http://www.ingby.com>

IngbyForge<http://gforge.ingby.com>

bischeck - dynamic and adaptive thresholds for Nagios <http://www.bischeck.org>

anders.haal at ingby.com<mailto:anders.haal at ingby.com>

Mjukvara genom ingenjörsmässig kreativitet och kompetens

Ingenjörsbyn
Box 531
101 30 Stockholm
Sweden